Thinking of retiling your bathroom or kitchen? Firstly, you are definitely in need of an angle grinder! An angle grinder is a must-have when it comes to renovating or retiling because angle grinders are what you use cut and grind your tiles, pavers, and stucco.
At the same time, angle grinders can also be used to sand surfaces, sharpen objects and polish them. Angle grinders are very versatile tools which you can apply for a lot of purposes.
If you like to consider yourself the handyman of the family, you need to own an angle grinder to be able to do more and show off your art! That is why we have compiled a review of the latest and best angle grinders available in the market.
In a Hurry? Check out Our Top Picks of Angle Grinders
Top-Rated Angle Grinder Reviews
Here’s our compilation of the 10 best machines out there:
1. DEWALT DWE402
- 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 rpm motor which provides the best power to weight/size ratio available
- Spindle Size-5/8"-11 in, 1400 W, Corded Power Tool,
- Tool Length-12 in, Wheel Diameter-4-1/2-Inch
- Includes-One-Touch Guard,2-Position Side Handle,Wrench
- Dust Ejection System provides durability by ejecting damaging dust and debris
This is one of the best products available in the market, which allows you to do get various jobs done.
Made of a combination of plastic and metal, this product uses an 11 Amp AC/DC 11,000 rpm motor that enables the machine with the best power. The weight-size ratio is also very significant. The spindle size varies from 5/8 inches to 11 inches.
It runs on 1400 Watt, and it is powered through a chord. The entire body measures about 12 inches and the diameter of the wheel are about 4-1/2 inches. The package will come with a wrench, a one-touch guard and a 2-position side handle.
This device comes with a fantastic dust ejection system that ejects debris and harmful dust and keeps the device clean and protected. The oversized brushes are capable of having twice the brush life compared to other models.
Likewise, the spiral bevel gear is enormous and helps in providing a long transmission life. A one-touch guard facilitates a 360-degree rotation. Tool free wheel removal is possible due to the quick change wheel release system that does not require a wrench.
A protected and top mounted spindle lock button allows deep cutting without hampering the durability of the product. The gripping surface is surprisingly small and allows comfortable use of the product.
An innovatively designed side handle facilitates amazing ergonomics, and the oversized threading helps with making the device much more durable. Auto-off brushes are present as well that automatically shut down the tool once the bushes need replacing.
To stop accidental starting up of the machine, safety locked paddle switch is there. You can also use the tool with common accessories since matching wheel flanges are provided. The device weighs about 6.15 pounds and measures 15.6 x 5.9 x 4.8 inches.
- Very durable
- The automatic dust ejection system
- safety locked paddle switch stops accidental starting up
- Turns off automatically when brushes need replacing
- The safety lock wears out quickly or gets jammed with debris
- Grinding disks have to be bought separately
2. Makita XAG04Z 18V
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Active feedback-sensing technology (aft) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
Makita is a very trusted name with its tools and equipment. Most Makita products are great, and so is this model of Makita angle grinder.
This model comes with an automatic speed change technology that lets you adjust the speed and torque while working. This is a great feature that not many models have. It is designed with an Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT) that automatically shuts down the motor if you force to stop the wheel rotation.
The motor is BL brushless, which means the carbon brushes are not needed here. This aspect helps to keep the motor cooler, more efficient and durable. The BL brushless motor is electronically controlled, and it matches the torque and rpm by changing the demands.
However, its spindle thread is 5/8 inches-11 UNC. Weighing about 4.8 pounds, this product is of a standard weight. It measures around 8.4 x 13.3 x 5.5 inches which are the average size for an angle grinder. The body of the product is made of polymer, which makes it light but not very sturdy.
Accordingly, one great thing about this product is that it’s battery-run. It indicates that you will be, once again, free from the hassle of dragging the cords around.
This device will also be super portable, and you will be able to carry it around with you while working. This is a great advantage. It uses a standard 18 Volts, which is okay compared to other models.
- A cordless model providing infinite mobility
- Adjustable speed and torque while working
- Automatically shuts down the motor if the rotating wheel is stopped
- The torque and rpm auto adjusts based on need
- The box doesn’t come with a battery
- The body isn’t sturdy enough like the metal-body models
3. WEN 94475 7.5-Amp
- 7.5-amp motor generates up to 11,000 disc rotations per minute
- Lightweight 4-pound body limits fatigue during long days on the job
- Arbor adapter allows for compatibility with both 5/8 and 7/8-inch arbor grinding wheels
- Reversible auxiliary handle attaches to both the left and right-hand side of the grinder
- Includes three grinding wheels, a compact carrying case, and a two-year warranty
Wen is a pretty decent model which gives you all you need in one single angle grinder.
This guy comes with an incredible 7.5 Amp powerful motor that can go as far as 11,000 rpm which is pretty much sufficient. The body is about 4 pounds that makes it one of the comparatively lightweight models of angle grinders out there.
Lighter models also mean that you will have less fatigue while you work for more extended hours.
The arbor adapter is quite compatible that allows both 5/8 and 7/8 inches arbor are grinding wheels to work with. The auxiliary handle can be used on both left and right sides which is reversible. This makes this model very convenient to work with.
There are carrying case and three wheels for grinding in the box. This model measures 11 x 8.5 x 3.9 inches making it quite compact. Likewise, compact models are fantastic to work in tight spaces. That gives you added convenience.
On the other hand, this is not a cordless model, which means that your mobility will be limited to as far as the cord allows you to go.
In addition, the box also contains a sanding and a stone disc. The vibration is comparatively less, which is quite comfortable to hold. The control of the product is impressive. This lets the device be fine-tuned according to necessity.
The accessories are also very easy to use with this product and you will have a hassle-free operation through the noise it creates might sometimes be more than other models.
- Compact design, making it easier to work in tight spaces
- Auxiliary handle is reversible
- Both 5/8 and 7/8 inches arbor grinding wheels can be used
- Comes with carrying case and grinding wheels
- Might need additional wheels for cutting
- Not a cordless model
4. Makita 9557PBX1
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor for high output power in a more compact tool (only 4.5 lbs.)
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2-1/2"") for added comfort
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Lock-on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
Worried about quality? Choose a brand that never disappoints. Makita has always been a very reliable brand when it comes to tools, and their angle grinder is no short of that.
This Makita grinder is a convenient one with a powerful 7.5 Amp motor that provides high output. It’s a comparatively compact tool weighing 11.65 pounds. The diameter of the barrel grip is quite small measuring only 2-1/2 inches that makes it very comfortable to use.
For continuous operation, lock on/off options is available. There are also switches for using AC or DC, whichever you prefer. Therefore, it can be easily used with alternative power sources.
It is built with a zig-zag varnish that protects the armature from debris and dust. This provides maximum protection to the tool and ensures its long life. For comfortable use, extra large paddle switch has been provided.
The coils are thicker in comparison and are wound very closely that saves heat and energy. The body is made of aluminum giving it a very sturdy build. The grinding wheels are 4- 4-1/2. Among other facilities, metal gear housing, diamond wheels, and paddle switch are present. It measures about 5.8 x 15 x 10 inches.
This box contains additional side handle, wheel guard, grinding wheels, diamond wheel, and a carrying case. The side handle can be installed on both sides of the tool for extra convenience. The design is all-ball bearing, and the metal gear house makes it very durable.
- Extra-large paddle switch provides ease of use
- The aluminum body makes it sturdy
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature
- High-power motor
- It is quite heavy measuring 11.65 pounds
- Very prone to rust
5. PORTER-CABLE PCC761B
- High-Performance Motor produces 8,500 rpm
- Cast metal gear housing
- Spindle lock for quick and easy wheel changes
- 3-Position Side Handle
- Part of the 20V Max System
Porter Cable is one of the best ones you would find out there. Coming as the fifth best angle grinder in our review, we assure you about its superior performance and quality.
This model can produce up to 8,500 rpm and is great to use. It has a cast metal gear housing. To make wheel changes fast and easy, a spindle lock system is present. That means, even if you are an absolute beginner, changing wheels will be of no hassle to you.
The side handle can be placed in three different positions making the tool convenient to use. The product weighs about 6.8 pounds which is an average weight for angle grinders. It measures approximately 15.6 x 6 x 6 inches, which is an ideal size for angle grinders unless you are looking for a compact design.
This is a battery powered model, which means that you will not have to go through the hassle of dragging the cord around. It will also ensure that you have infinite mobility and you will be able to carry it anywhere. The battery is included in the box.
It runs on 20 volts only. It comes with a cut-off wheel and two grinding wheels. You won’t have to order any wheels separately saving on that additional cost. However, since the battery does not come with the box, you will have to order a battery separately.
- Cordless model, providing maximum mobility
- Box contains both cutting and grinding wheels
- Spindle lock system for easy changing of wheels
- Three different positions for the side handle
- Batteries need to be ordered separately
- The box does not contain a carrying case
6. Masterworks Angle Grinder 6.0-Amp
- 【Convenient to Operate】 Three positions (right,left and top) to install the auxiliary handle is convenient for users to control and cut; Spindle lock for quick and easy wheel changes
- 【Powerful Motor】 With powerful 6.0Amp motor and maximum speed of 12,000 rpm, our angle grinder works more efficiently while cutting, grinding and sanding various materials, such as metal, stone, ceramic and wood.
- 【Ergonomic Design】 Rubber-covered handle not only provides comfortable grip for users, but also reduces vibration in operation
- 【Safe and Clean Grinding】 Protective guard deflects sparks and metal chips in using process, protecting you from getting hurt. It is also easy to install and remove.
- 【Package Included】Angle grinder with 6.5Ft/2m cord, cutting wheel, grinding wheel, flap disc, spanner wrench, auxiliary handle, carbon brush, user manual, 2 Years warranty and US based customer service.
This is yet another amazing-to-use product from the renowned brand Masterworks. It is highly convenient to install and use.
Three positions are available to install the auxiliary handle. Wheels can be easily changed with the help of spindle lock. This is a great feature, especially for beginners, because changing wheels fast can be a great challenge.
This guy comes with a mighty 6 Amp motor that can go as fast as 12,000 rpm. You can do anything with this angle grinder like sanding, grinding and cutting various materials ranging from wood, ceramic, stone to even metal. When this product says that it’s multi-purpose, it means that it’s versatile.
A rubber-layered handle provides a comfortable grip and reduced vibration during use. A protective guard is provided that helps deflect sparks and metal chips while in operation. This is great because sparks and metal chips can be hazardous and can cause some accidents if not careful.
It comes with a 6.5 feet cord that gives you better mobility. However, this package also contains a carbon brush, a spanner wrench, a cutting wheel, a flap disc, a grinding wheel, an auxiliary handle, and a user manual.
The diameter of the wheel is 4- 1/2 inch, and it weighs about 5.3 pounds. The spindle thread measures 5/8 inches, and it runs on a voltage of 120V.60Hz, AC. Immediate replacement and services are available throughout the USA.
- Three positions of installing the auxiliary handle
- Cutting and grinding wheel and flap disc comes with the box
- 5 feet cord provides excellent mobility
- Protective guard deflects sparks and metal chips
- The overall build is a little flimsy
- The on/off button is hard to use wearing mittens
7. BLACK+DECKER BDEG400
- Metal gear case for durability and longer life
- 3 Position side handle provides added comfort and control
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changes
- Included Components: 4-1/2" Small angle grinder, Metal grinding wheel, Spanner wrench, Wheel Guard
Black+Decker is another favorite model for angle grinders. It’s one of the most sold models all around the world.
This model comes with a highly durable metal body. Due to the option of the side handles in three different positions, it is comfortable and convenient to use the tool. Changing accessories is also very easy due to the presence of a spindle lock system.
Weighing only 4.7 pounds, this product is comparatively light in weight. It measures 12.6 x 5 x 5.5 inches, which means it’s a little bigger than most other models of the angle grinder. However, if the size is not a problem, this angle grinder is one of the must-have models.
It typically runs on 120 Volts and is powered through a cord. The box comes with sanders, grinders, and pneumatics. That means, if you need to cut through something, you will have to order the blades separately.
The grinding blades are great and go through metal and tiles perfectly. The machine is also mighty with an ability to cut through almost anything. That makes this model reliable for all sorts of work.
Accordingly, this device will work correctly for multiple times as well giving it quite a great life and durability. On the other hand, if you have to grind or cut regularly, or if you have a very big project in mind, this might not be the best solution. Nevertheless, it will work like a charm for occasional to moderate use.
- Cuts through almost anything
- Powerful machine
- Easy changing of accessories due to the spindle lock system
- Very durable metal body
- The cutting wheel is not included in the box
- The manual is a bit less helpful
8. Ingersoll Rand 3101G
- Self-locking lever throttle
- grease fitting for increased angle gear life
- Rear exhaust
- Ergonomic grip
Ingersoll Rand has come up with a great model of angle grinder in its Edge series. This grinder not only looks different but is also designed uniquely.
It contains a self-locking lever throttle that makes the device both convenient and safe. For increased angle gear life, grease fitting has been provided. The grease fitting hole is located near the top, through which you can easily use lubricants to keep it running smoothly.
There is a rear exhaust for maintaining the surface clean from dust and metal chips as well. An ergonomic grip provides the comfort and balance you need to complete your work. Creating in a ball-bearing design, this device is quite sturdy. The torque accuracy is almost unbelievable in this guy.
Likewise, weighing only 1.3 pounds, this tool is unbelievably lightweight. It is safe to say that you will find almost no other alternative when it comes to the most lightweight angle grinder on this planet. This tool will practically feel like air in your hands while in use.
It is perfect for polishing, grinding, porting, deburring and even weld breaking. The design and compact nature of the tool make it ideal for use in tight spaces. The rpm is 20,000 which give it super speed compared to other models.
Furthermore, this guy measures about 9.5 x 6 x 2 inches only so you can guess how compact this tool exactly is. It’s a pneumatic model, which means that it will be powered through a cord, not a battery.
- Super light-weight at only 1.3 pounds
- Very fast speed of 20,000 rpm
- Easy use of grease and other lubricants
- Unbelievable torque accuracy
- The trigger is quite stiff
- No speed control
9. Bosch 1375A
- COMPACT: Weighing only 3.75 lbs., the Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder is lightweight, compact, and ideal for metal workers, vehicle fabricators, plumbers and other professionals who use grinders on a daily basis.
- POWER: The angle grinder features a powerful 6.0-amp motor to produce 11,000 no-load rpm for professional cutting and grinding applications. The efficient motor was designed with an extremely small field diameter, letting the user grind or cut with ease.
- COMFORT: The 1375A offers a two-position side auxiliary handle specifically designed to angle to a natural position for maximum operator comfort. The top handle of the angle grinder is also ergonomically designed.
- CONVENIENT: The angle grinder also features Bosch's Service Minder Brush System to eliminate guesswork and stops the tool when preventative maintenance is required. A 5/8 In. to 11 inch spindle works with a wide array of sizes, mounting the most popular accessories
- DURABLE: The 1375A angle grinder features an epoxy-coated design to protect the tool from abrasive debris. It was also designed with a sealed switch to keep dust and debris from entering the switch mechanism.
Looking for something more heavy duty that can be used regularly? Then, this Bosch model is your guy!
This angler grinder weighs only 3.75 pounds. Hence, it’s quite a light-weight model. It is also very compact measuring 10 x 5 x 5 inches and excellent to work in really tight spots. This model is perfect for everyday use and is quite a professional model.
The versatility of this model allows it to be used for metal work, vehicle fabricators, plumbing and other grinding activities. With a count of 11,000 rpm, this guy is quite powerful. It runs on a 6 Amp motor which has been designed to be extra small but efficient.
It has an auxiliary handle which can be used in two positions. The natural angle to make the use more comfortable and the top handle has been ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and convenience.
Accordingly, it has to be electrically powered through a cord. That way the mobility will be limited as far as the cord allows you to go.
This model runs on 127 Volts and 680 Watts providing a heavy-duty performance. The box contains tools for working on concrete and metal and handheld grinders but the carrying case is not supplied with the box.
The safety guard is removable as per convenience, but only with the help of a wrench, which might cause a little inconvenience. The vibration is also very minimal. That ensures the work quite comfortable to continue for more extended periods.
- Comparatively lightweight measuring 3.75 pounds
- Heavy-duty tool
- Completely professional quality and suitable for regular use
- Can comfortably be used in really tight spots
- Not a cordless model
- Allows limited mobility
- Does not come with a carrying case
10. Milwaukee 2680-20 M18
- PADDLE SWITCH: You can activate this grinder easily, even when you're wearing thick work gloves, thanks to the paddle switch design
- DEBRIS BAFFLES: An "L" shape molding near the grinding wheel picks up debris and prevents it from clogging up the tool's internal components
- TOOL-FREE GUARD: The guard is easily adjustable. All it takes is the push of a button, and you can have the guard adjusted for a variety of cutting applications at different angles
- 3-POSITION SIDE HANDLE: Work with maximum stability with the help of the plastic handle, included in this kit
- M18 COMPATIBLE: This Milwaukee power tool works with M18 18v lithium ion Milwaukee batteries. Compatible models include the 48-11-1860, 48-11-1850, 48-11-1828, and 48-11-1815, 48-11-1840, 48-11-1820
Milwaukee is another excellent addition to the list of the best tools.
This model comes with an easy paddle switch which is very easy to flip even when you are wearing thick gloves. Activating it and turning it off are only matters of seconds. There is an “L” shaped design near the grinding wheel that sucks in debris from the surface and keeps the device well-protected.
The guard is tool-free and easy to use. It is also adjustable which can be done only with the push of one button. This will allow you to choose from a variety of angles for cutting, which gives you great comfort.
A side handle is provided that can be attached and used from three different sides of the machine. The handle is plastic and is included in the box. This is a battery-run model that works well with any M18 18v lithium ion battery. You can go as far as you want with this grinder while using it.
The motor includes 4 poles that allow this device to deliver the highest possible power and performance. An overload protection mechanism is present that prevents the tool and the surface from getting damaged. It also protects the battery from getting damaged.
This guy weighs an astonishing 1 pound, which makes it the most lightweight angle grinder available in the market. Compared to the weight, the size is quite big measuring 16.1 x 6.7 x 5.3 inches. The body is made from a combination of steel and plastic, which gives it the right kind of a sturdiness.
Since it is electric powered, it will be connected with the help of a cord. This means that your mobility will be limited while using the device.
- Lightest device weighing only 1 pound
- Overload protection mechanism
- “L” shaped debris-clearing mechanism
- Easy-to-flip paddle switch
- Not battery run limiting mobility
- Size comparatively big
Features to Consider Before Buying
Now that you know about the best angle grinder models out there, have you decided on getting yourself an angle grinder soon? If you have, check these features out before you decide on one particular model!
This is one of the most important features to notice since the importance of the angle grinder can affect your work. Most angle grinders weigh below 6 pounds, whereas some models go as low as 1 pound only.
For example, the Milwaukee 2680-20 M18 18V Lithium-Ion 4 1/2 Inch Cordless Grinder Lower weight is always good since it allows you to work for more extended hours. However, light models might cost considerably higher. Therefore, make a good bargain between price and weight.
Larger models can sometimes be more powerful than the smaller models, but this is not always the case. Smaller models, on the other hand, are easier to use and can be fitted into tight spots while working such as the Ingersoll Rand 3101G Edge Series Air Angle Die Grinder.
In that sense, try to buy as small a model as possible, but of course, not sacrificing the power or quality of the product.
The capacity of the motor is what defines how the product will perform. It is essential to buy an angle grinder with a motor of high power. Most motors use carbon brushes, but brushless models are also available.
Whether it is brushless or brush-enabled, do check the power of the engine before you buy and try to get one that has a superior motor like the motor of Bosch 1375A 4-1/2″ Angle Grinder.
Rotations Per Minute (RPM)
Rotations per minute refer to the speed of the machine. If a tool has 11,000 rpm, it means that in each minute the machine can enable 11,000 rotations. Standard angle grinders can rotate around 12,000 times in a minute. At the same time, some angle grinders can go as high as 20,000 rotations per minute.
The higher the number of rotations per minute, the faster will the disc rotate and the faster will you be able to cut or grind into a material.
Therefore, it is advisable to buy a model that has a high rotation per minute count. If you can’t afford the fastest one, at least try to buy a model that has around 11,000- 12,000 rotations per minute to get the best efficiency like the WEN 94475 7.5-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder.
Cordless or Electrically Powered Models
Most models of angle grinders are electrically powered. This means that the device will be connected to a power source through a cord. Some models come with cords that are as long as 6.5 feet, but some models have even shorter cords.
If you are buying an electrically powered model, make sure you buy one with a longer cord. The length of cords determines how far you will be able to move around while working. If cords seem to much of a hassle or if you are working outdoors with no power source nearby, buy a cordless model.
Cordless models are amazing in the sense that you will not even have to worry about how far you can go with your angle grinder. With a cordless model, you will be able to work anywhere and even carry it everywhere like the PORTER-CABLE PCC761B 20-volt MAX Lithium Bare Cut Off/Grinder.
The Material of Body
Although most materials that encase the angle grinders are sturdy enough to keep the machine protected during work, during impact or a fall and some materials might not be the best option.
Polymer and plastic are commonly used in building the casing of angle grinders, but these might not withstand the force if dropped from hand.
The best option, in this case, is to choose a model that has a steel or metal body such as the DEWALT DWE402 4-1/2-Inch 11-Amp Paddle Switch Angle Grinder.
Metal casing will protect the grinder form even major impacts and even drops from a considerable height although nothing will matter if dropped from a great height.
Rusting, on the other hand, can be an issue while choosing metal bodies. In this case, store the device in dry places and refrain from using water to clean it.
It is always better to use thick gloves while working with a grinder. Some models have tight switches or tiny ones. In such a case, it becomes difficult to operate the switches with hands covered in thick gloves.
Therefore, better to buy a model that has a larger or easier to flip the switch for various functions like turning on/off, changing modes, adjusting speed, etc. Just go for large buttons and switches that are not too tight, and you will be able to use it well.
The basic accessories that you will need to use a grinder are the discs for cutting, grinding, etc. Some models include all the necessary discs in the box, whereas some models include just one or two.
For example, the WEN 94475 7.5-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder provides only discs for grinding. Check beforehand accurately which accessories the box will offer you. If something is missing, you can always buy one separately.
If you do not want to go through the additional hassle of ordering discs separately, buy a model that provides all the necessary discs with the box.
Another essential accessory that is often absent in the boxes is the battery. This is applicable only for cordless models. If the cell is not provided with the box, order it separately so that you do not have to face any delay in using your new angle grinder.
In case you have some definite plan in mind that you would like to carry out with your angle grinder, check it in advance so that you do not end up with an angle grinder without the necessary accessories to carry out your intended task.
The above-mentioned features are the most important ones to be noticed before buying. In case you have any specific plans in mind, do take notice whether those features are available or not.
Do More with Your Angle Grinder
We all know that angled grinders can be used for cutting through metal, tiles, and concrete. We also know that grinders can be used to grind into surfaces or polish surfaces to make them look even. However, there are some other uses that people do not commonly know.
In that sense, do not limit the uses of your angle grinder only to cutting metal and tiles. Check out a few innovative ways of using your angle grinder! This will not only save your time but also energy. These innovative uses can also save your cost of buying extra tools for these specific uses. Here’s our list:
Tools get easily rusted if not cleaned properly, especially in case of garden tools. If the mud is not washed correctly, rust accumulates over time. It is effortless to clean rusty tools with the help of an angle grinder and make them look like new!
To clean rusty tools, the process is similar to cutting. You will just have to use a wire-cup brush or a wire wheel to clean. A wire-cup brush will be the best option if you intend to use a wider area, whereas for cleaning tight spaces, a wire wheel will be better.
It sometimes becomes a little difficult to understand for how long you should use the grinder in this case. Remember how new tools look like? They shine when they are new! Use your grinder exactly until your tools shine. Once it’s shining, it’s as good as new.
On the other hand, always remember to be extra careful when you are doing this because one small wrong move can completely ruin of tool or cut it in half. Therefore, your grinder needs to be handled with the utmost care and vigilance.
You can easily sharpen tools and blades of shovels, lawn mowers, etc. with the help of an angle grinder. Blades can easily become blunt after repeated use and thus, become less effective. You don’t have to buy a new blade every time the old ones become blunt.
Put the blade on a table and attach it with a clasp. Using a wheel for the grinder, you can easily start the device and drag it slowly over the edge of the blade. You need to be very careful while doing it because doing it the wrong way will damage the blade.
While sharpening tools, it is better to use a one-way motion. For example, if you drag your grinder from left to right to sharpen your tool initially, it is better to continue dragging left to right during the entire process. This results in an even sharpening of the tool.
Before getting anything repainted, we need to remove the old paint from the surface. Removing old paint is usually done by sanding, which takes up a lot of time and energy. With the help of an angle grinder, you can easily remove old paint off surfaces.
Old paint usually becomes slightly detached from the surface which makes it easy to remove. Use a wire-cup brush or a wire wheel in this case according to the material of the surface, and slowly start working. The old paint will be gone in no time!
Make sure you do it lightly. Otherwise, there will be a great possibility of ruining the surface and filling it with scratches. If necessary, lightly sand the surface once you are done removing the paint with the help of an angle grinder.
Whatever innovative way you are using your grinder, it is important to keep it in mind that high speed can be hazardous in case of these uses. It is always best to start at a slow speed so that you can have an idea of what you are doing and how long you should be doing it.
Even if you are a pro at using grinders, purposes like sharpening or removing metal require extra skills. In these cases, start with a tiny portion to test how it goes. Start small and start very slow. If you can successfully go through the pilot run, you can start with the rest of the surface or tool as per your convenience.
Frequently Ask Questions
These are some of the most common questions people ask before buying a particular angled grinder:
What Comes With the Box?
The seller usually leaves the information on that. This varies from product to product. Make sure you read it carefully.
Can Standard Batteries be Used with it?
Most models require a specific power of battery that can be used with it. Read the description for that particular information.
Does it Come with a Case?
Most models come with a case. The description should state whether a case will be provided.
Can this Cut through Metal?
Most models can easily cut through metal. Do check whether the necessary wheels and discs are provided with the box.
Where is this Manufactured?
Most of the models suggested above are from China. Some models are available that come from Japan and Germany. The description usually has this information.
We are assuming right now that you are an expert on angle grinders. Choose wisely and make the best use of whichever model you choose. May the force be with you!