Aside from that, this amazing welding device has a robust weld performance compared to its peers. Its weld performance begins from 22 gauges to 3/16in. (.81mm to 4.8mm) in both DC (steel/Chromoly/stainless steel) and AC (aluminum). It also comes with a foot control and a lightweight inverter-based design.
Hobart EZ TIG 165i welding machine possesses distinct features that outwit the ones offered by its competitors that are the chief reason for its enormous customer appeal. Those features are highlighted below
- EZ that enables use of the interface with one knob and one switch control
- AC output for powerful aluminum welding and DC output for smooth and stainless steel welding
- Fan-On-Demand that allows the fan to run when required thereby, reducing debris being pulled to the welding surface.
- Infinite amperage control for wider operating range with nicer control.
- Inverter-based power source provides a consistent welding arc while using less power.
- Weighs only 50 lb. (23 kg) so it is easy to carry about
- HF start that allows a non-contact arc starts to terminate tungsten and material contamination.
- Auto-post flow that provides optimum shielding based on welding amperage without waste or desire for adjustment.
- Automatic and robust high-temperature shutdown
The complete package comes with the following components.
- Inverter based power source alongside a primary cord and an attached plug.
- The 12.5 ft (3.8 m) Legacy 17 Weld craft TIG torch
- Foot-operated control with the RFCS-RJ45 Remote Foot Control
- A 12 ft. (3.7 m) work cable attached with a clamp
- A flow gauge/regulator with hose
- A gas regulator, shielding gas hose and flow meter
It is recommended for use at places where auto body repairs and fabrications are undertaken. This machine is also most suitable to those who are taking this task as a hobby or for those who are interested in metal art. Vocational training can be well imparted with this as it has all the facilities that are needed by an amateur as well as a professional.
Our extensive and impressive Hobart EZ TIG 165i review will certainly be incomplete without examining the impact the product is making in the market. Despite being widely hailed as the standard for a perfect welding machine, this device has been marked with some visible loopholes that have somehow tarnished its real image. However, the saying, “one man’s food is another man’s poison readily comes to mind”. Below are the highlighted pros and cons of the magnificent Hobart EZ TIG 165i welding machine.
- It provides a unique single knob control.
- It is the easiest DC/AC TIG welder to set up and use.
- It has robust weld performance compared to its peers.
- It is sold with a 3/32″ cullet and cullet body. If you have 1/16″, 0.040″, or 0.20″ electrodes, you are required to order separately for them.