- 10 ft long premium MIG torch with Euro disconnect and Tweco style consumables.
- Transformer based technology with four tap design for user convenience.
- Ready for MIG with already set regulator and base hose.
- Input power ranges from 115 volt to 120 volt for heavy duty weld.
- Output power ranges from minimum 30 A to maximum 140 A.
- Capable of gas shielded MIG welding and gasless flux cored welding.
- Very large cabinet with extremely easy to access 4 inch and 8 inch spools.
- Cast aluminum featuring heavy-duty wire drive system that adds more versatility and durability.
- Built-in cable wrap for easy use.
- Regulator and gas hose is included for immediate use.
- Rugged and long lasting wire feeder with cast aluminum.
The Forney 309 MIG welding machine is an ideal choice for farms, automotive and small repair shops, who usually deal with those tools that require 115 volts input power. This welding tool is most suitable in welding materials that are made from stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum and cast iron; it can weld materials that are as thick as 1/4 inch. As this welding machine is capable of both MIG and flux cored welding, the Forney 309 MIG welder is used widely in many work sites such as DIY, metal fabrication, maintenance and repair auto body, farm and ranch and much more. This tool is extremely user friendly and durable.
Benefits and limitations
This particular MIG welding tool is totally unique and it is upgraded version of other Forney MIG welders, which makes it superior than other MIG welders in its class. The cast aluminum drive system is one important advantage of this unit as it is a smart and advanced feature that gives the tool a long lasting durability and precise versatility. This MIG welder has higher duty cycle than any other Forney MIG welders. The integrated cable wrap feature is a wonderful one, as this not only keeps the cable clean and organized, but it also makes the welding unit easily transportable for user convenience.
Most of the problems related to a welder is often related to its torch; with the euro style torch connect feature, these problems are almost never encountered by the user while using the Forney 309 MIG welder, as this feature allows the user to remove the torch within 5 seconds and can be replaced quickly by liner in no time. The longer MIG gun also makes the work easier, offering the user to take the torch for distant welding task without really transporting the whole welding unit. The Forney 309 has much larger cabinet that offers lots of space for spools and storage; the cabinet has a lift-up door that makes loading and unloading more easily. This welding unit is designed and manufactured totally as a user friendly tool by making each feature user convincing.
One important limitation is that this welding tool is not so powerful, as its maximum output power is only 140 A and this MIG welder is not a very good choice for industrial work sites that require heavy duty welding. The Forney 309 is limited to MIG and flux cored welding and it is not capable for TIG or Stick unlike some multipurpose MIG welders. Its maximum weld limit is 1/4 inch and if exceeded, this might lead to some functional damages.
The Forney 309 MIG welder comes complete with some additional items;
- Euro-connect MIG gun with Tweco
- Compatible consumables
- Flow meter and gas hose
- Quick start guide
This MIG welder is a perfect low budget choice for the small worksite welders and it is reliable and precise. The Forney 309 is guaranteed to have a satisfying durability.