If you are looking forward to take your welding business to the next step and you work mostly with aluminum, then this unit is an optimal choice. It has been designed for maximum life and reliability in the long run. This tool can operated on two input voltages of either 120V or 240V, adding more versatility to it.
Everlast PowerTig 255EXT weighs around 60 pounds. It might be a little heavier than other top rated TIG welders, but it’s quite portable and good for outdoor applications as you can easily move it around. However, you can also use it at remote sites as it can be efficiently powered by generators.
Everlast PowerTig 255EXT has a long list of high quality and unique features;
- Infineon IGBT modules serve exceptional performance and durability.
- Infineon Microprocessor control offers precise digital control over the AC/DC welding functions.
- Solid state HF starting deducts maintenance issues and improves the start quality.
- Standard DINSE 50 style power connectors for industry cross compatibility of torches and fittings.
- Easy to navigate panel reduces setup time. User doesn’t have to access any hidden menu.
- 9 Programmable channels allow the user to save their favorite settings in both TIG and Stick modes.
- Self diagnostic feature helps to protect the unit. It automatically diagnoses certain faults.
- Simplified and componentized design enhances reliability and durability.
- 2T/4T/ foot Pedal operation modes and 2T/4T mode for torch amptrol operation.
- 4 Wave forms for better control: Triangular, Sine, Advanced Square Wave and Soft Square.
- Advance AC pulse mode enhances penetration through thick materials and prevents burns and warping when working with thin metals.
- VDR function reduces the chance of shock and electrocution.
- PowerCool 300 water cooler compatibility.
- Full-time fan allows maximum duty operation.
- Easy start up mode allows the user to start welding right away.
- Spot weld timer feature lets the user to create perfect and consistent spot welds when welding sheet metals.
Maximum output power of Everlast PowerTig 255EXT is 250A and it offer 60% duty cycle at 250A in 240V. It can weld wide variety of metals including steel, stainless steel, chrome moly, aluminum, titanium, Copper and virtually any wieldable metal.
It’s recommended for various applications related to home, production or fabrication, farm, industrial maintenance and many more. Everlast PowerTig 255EXT is quite powerful and capable of welding both steel and aluminum up to 1/2 inch thick in single phase and more than 1 inch in multiple phases and minimum of 0.005 inch steel and 0.006 inch aluminum.
- Everlast PowerTig 255EXT can weld thicker metals as compared to other TIG welders in its class.
- Perfect for thin metals like aluminum as it doesn’t burn or warp the materials due to its special feature.
- It can handle industrial duty applications, unlike other welders with the same capacity.
- This unit is light and portable and ideal for outdoor sites.
- It can operate for longer intervals.
- This unit is more expensive than other TIG welders. Some of your budget might not meet its price.
- Some users may find this unit a little complicated to operate. If you have to work only with steel and ferrous metals, you can go for Miller Diversion 180.
- It’s more preferred by professionals than novices.
Everlast PowerTig 255EXT is a perfect tool for welding aluminum as well as other metals. This is an ultimate device for professionals and industrialists. However, it’s quite an expensive unit, but its superior features worth the cost.